Is The TV My god?

THE 23RD CHANNEL
Author Unknown

The T.V. set is my shepherd.

My spiritual growth shall want.
It makes me to sit down and do nothing for His name's sake,
because it requires all my spare time.
It keeps me from doing my duty as a Christian,
because it presents so many good shows that I must see.
It restores my knowledge of the things of the world,
and keeps me from the study of God's Word.
It leads me in the paths of failing to attend
the evening worship services,
and doing nothing in the Kingdom of God.
Yea, though I live to be a hundred,
I shall keep on viewing my T.V. as long as it will work,
for it is my closest companion.
Its sound and its picture, they comfort me,
and keep me from doing important things with my family.
It fills my head with ideas which differ from those 
set forth in the Word of God.
Surely, no good thing will come of my life,
because my T.V. offers me no good time
to do the will of God:
thus I will dwell in restlessness and depression forever!